February 16, 2012

Dare to Dream


As a kid, I used to dream a lot.


I dream that I would become Leonardo Da Vinci or Einstein as I'm more inclined towards Arts and Science. Both of them are my idols, even up till now.


              
 
I dream of being a great artist.
FYI, I have never thrown any drawings of mine away. Some of them are as old as 10 years! Good gracious. It is a good thing that silverfish didn't start infesting.

I dream that I would have a huge backyard just for my pets, bringing home strays.

I want to let abandoned animals feel loved and cared for.


I dream of being a great female rider.


I guess my most absurd dream would be owning a pet or creating one just like Doraemon.




When we were kids, we thought anything which we dream of would be achievable.
However as we grow older, we realize how certain things are unrealistic and hard to achieve.
That is when we start to let go of our dreams.


But dreams are what keep us motivated and alive.
You have not heard that a "zombie" dream, didn't you?

It is okay to dream your wildest dream.
It is okay if you can't live by your dream.

But at least try to work towards your dream.


Dreams sometimes can also be our comfort and bring us away from the harsh reality.


Take my absurd dream of owning a Doraemon for instance.
I don't have a Doraemon which can give me whatever I asked for, but I have my pets to give me their attention and listening ears. 

In a way, they are like Doraemon. They listen and I can seek comfort in them.


For dreams which are not attainable, maybe you should start looking closely around you.
Perhaps, there are some things that resembles your dream but you have never noticed it. 

0 comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: Bloggerized by AllBlogTools.com Enhanced by MyBloggerTricks.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...