April 18, 2012

A Short Story of My Lil Sweetheart



This little sweetheart of mine passed away on the 7th April 2012.
She was with me since Aug/Sept 2010.

She was different from other hamsters which I had before.
She wasn't bought at any pet shop. My ex-boyfriend got her together with 4 other hamsters from his friend, who can't handle too many hamsters.

She was so young at that point of time.
What I heard was that in the nest of hamsters, she was the one who got bullied by the others. And the worst thing was, his friend actually placed all of them together in a Tupperware! I suppose you can guess what happened. 

As I went over to a Pet Shop to get a larger hamster cage, these little ones started bullying her and got into a huge fight.
It was so bad that she was wounded and was bleeding.
I felt very helpless and could only shake the Tupperware in hope that it would break up the fight. Unfortunately, it was useless.

I approached the Pet Shop Assistant to help me get her out of that hell hole.
Initially I did have the thought of keeping all of them, but I was so damn pissed with the others for hurting her and decided to give the rest to a young couple who were looking for hamsters in the shop. I felt that she needs more care and love than the rest of the hamsters.

I got a new hamster cage for her as the one at my house was already occupied by another hamster.

That poor little one was so shaken up that she kept hiding in a corner of the cage. My mum helped me with cleaning her wounds and soon after, she got all better.


 She was super duper naughty and love chewing on stuffs.



And she does all kind of funny sleeping poses.



She's definitely a rubbish eater!


I remembered there's once I posted this photo in FB with caption of her trying to get back into her cage. Most were pretty surprised with it as this was not expected from hamsters.

Well, I think she must be feeling damn annoyed with us for carrying her in and out repeatedly.
She brought alot of joy to my family, just like any other hamsters I had before.

Then, on the night of 7th April, my younger brother and mother informed me that she seems to be leaving soon. My brother mentioned that when he was leaving the house, she doesn't seem to be active and was reluctant to move when nudged.

I rushed back home as soon as possible but unfortunately, she had already left when I reached home.
Tears still flow down my cheeks as I am typing this. It was that heartbreaking. 

My pets are my life. 
I went to the extent of skipping my school lessons and rushed back home to my previous hamster which is showing signs of leaving. I rushed back home to accompany her and walk with her through it. It happened a year plus ago. 

I don't even mind spending money on them to treat them.
3 years back, I once bought another of my hamster to a vet, and people were telling me why bother with it? With that sum of money, I could get dozens of other new hamsters! I fucked them up immediately. How much more heartless can they be? 


Back to main story, my mum helped with wrapping her up nicely, placing her in a wooden box and burying her. My mum consoled me and said "Just let her go. That's life. Don't worry, she will be in good hands."

I love you.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...