April 12, 2012

My First Experience At Landscape Photographing






Aloha! I'm back!
I know I have been gone for like 10 days and hence, I'm going to do one long post to make it up. LoL!

In my previous post where I blogged about my Keloid Removal, its surgery wounds are healing up pretty well. Got to head to the Doctor's to remove the stitches.

Anyway, I did something out of the norm a few weeks back.
Usually, I would be the one who is standing in front of the camera, but! I was behind the camera for a change.

With guidance from Mike, Brian and LPW, I took a shot at Landscape Photographing.

The photos were taken at MBS (Marina Bay Sands) and Esplanade whereby they had this I-Light happening. They had Light Exhibits over at Marina Floating Bay.

This is my first time at it, hence, my photos might not be up to your standards. Plus, the photos are edited with Photoscape since I'm not good with Adobe Photoshop. Please don't feel too disappointed with my work. 

Here it goes!




The I-Light at MBS was spectacular.
The photos look somewhat similar as I was trying to capture its animations.



I love the rays of light to bits!
Without some help, I doubt I would not be able to capture these beautiful moments.

I have to admit that it is pretty different taking landscape photography from portraits (I have tried once with a model).

One can request that a model to stay still with the consistent lighting or lighting all properly set up. But with landscape, no way are you going to get that perfect lighting and that's where knowledge of photography comes into good use. I don't know if I am making any good sense here, but that was what in my mind.

That, unfortunately is what I was lacking of. With guidance, I did a lot of trials and errors.





Brian tried one way of taking photo and I tried it too. 
The results are interesting and no 2 photos will ever look the same.

This effect gives the extra "oomph" to the photo. You get what I mean.
That kind of effect which you totally don't have to Photoshop for.


This Helix Bridge is one of my favourite shots.



With the same technique, look at what results I have gotten from this seemingly-normal Light Exhibit (Marina Floating Bay).


I love how the lights from the buildings are being "pulled" too.



This somehow reminds me of  Razor.







It amuses me how funny the results can turn out, looking all ridiculous.

There was another light exhibit over at Marina Floating Bay.
"Neon-men" would light up in co-ordination with the music provided..
There's a story behind each sequence. Very Artsy-Fartsy.




I love this shot of the "Neon-Men" the most!

I made an animated GIF Image of them!



This is yet another my favourite shot.
I love the clouds to the max!



And this!
THIS IS MY FAVOURITE PHOTO OF ALL!
Love how alien-ish it looks.

All in all, it was a great experience!


2 comments:

  1. 1st experience?! omg.. unbelievable.. i cant blif it..so nice.. u take one? cool man...what camera u use? i like the animation on the building.. lastime wan go.. but end up din got chance to go..sad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy: Yup, it was my first time but I was guided. I do have alot of failed shots. I did alot of trial-and-errors. You can refer to http://tiffanyintaintedlove.blogspot.sg/2012/04/what-cam-you-using.html for the camera I used.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...